Tuesday, July 04, 2006

 

I'm having a bad needlework day

 It is said that Venus rules needle work..well, if it isn't said then I just said it..so there.
Anyway..Venus is pissed off at me today.

First I woke with the realization ...yes woke with it..I dream about knitting...the realization that I need to completely restart Bills shrug..um..shoulder afghan. This means I have two months to finish it by scratch..bitch. ( That was a general "bitch" not aimed at anyone in particular.) I did things with that thing that make no sense. It has to go.

After that, I fought with my sewing machine all day. Well..not right off after waking..first I just about reinvented the Butterick pattern I was working with..or it felt like it. I resized it, and added elements that were not in it, that's for sure. I bought this beautiful striped knit fabric in varying shades of blue..I wanted to make tops for the girls..turns out I have enough for me to have a skirt too!

Let us side track a moment..why do I knit and crochet and sew?
Because I HATE most of what is offered me at stores. What I do like is in a size 2 or smaller. Or it costs 3000 dollars.

So anyway..finding a fabric that I love so much..and I can make myself something too? That's a "Yay".

g8b/ h
0990

look..my cat can type.

But I cant really with him snuggled in the crook of my arm, so...cya!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?