Saturday, August 19, 2006

 

Nautie


From a pattern on Knitty

I rarely follow patterns but this was something new..once I figured out the basic technique ( which is simple if you can knit on double pointed needles.)..I did some changes as to how it was worked. It is easy to do the coiling and after that is figured out it's very doable as long as you can knit in the round on DPN's and increase, and pick up stitches.

For my daughters 5th birthday. It was the gift she liked the most, and I'm pretty proud of that.

Oh..technicalities for the knitters.

Pattern called for number 4 DPN's..I used a three. The tighter you can make your guage the less likely you will be to see stuffing. Also the stuffing is as you work..pretty cool.
I used a worsted weight acrylic..It's called "Camo" by Bernat. I dont recall the name of the colorway but they have several. I wanted a more or less nuetral colorway, and picked the one with traditional camouflage colors.
I ended up with a guage of about 24 stitches x 28 rows over 4 inches. And the little guy was about 7 inches long.

Comments:
So cute! I haven't had any interest in making one of these, but now that I have seen yours, I may have to think about it. I think my boys would love one!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?