Friday, August 11, 2006

 

ooo..lookie at what I made!




I made a bracelet knitted from wire and beads! How is knitting with wire? Well..a bit painful..was I inspired by Alterknits? Well..kind of. I didnt like the one they had..and had always wanted to make one..soo..I did. I am not saying I made one better, I made one differently. I dont really believe so much in "better" when it comes to artistic pursuits. That kind of mentality is beyond crippling. It has stopped many a young artist dead cold in their artistic developemnt.
It took about an hour and a half..hardest part was casting off..it was a bit fiddly. Nice thing with wire..drop a stitch and it doesnt matter alot...also, dont care for your shape...just mold it a bit.
I like the beads that are nested in behind the stitches and am thinking of doing a double layered one.
Also, I really wanted to use sead beads..but my daughter's bright wooden beads were what was easily accesable.

Also pictured is my progress on my textured knitting ..it is this months project for Project Spectrum
Color theme is neutral.
I really hope she decides to continue it as I got in at the end of the project. :(

As I mentioned yesterday..the second stitch pattern shown is cacoon stitch..aint it purdy?
I really think it's too groovy...and a bag with that would be great.
Also..it's fairly simple to do..a slip stitch stitch more or less.
Yeah baby.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?