Saturday, August 12, 2006

 

ssssss...snake




I was fooling around with potholder loops..a la Mason-Dixon knitting and seeing what they would do.
My daughter has been all over me for a knitted snake this past week..and her 5th B-Day is next Friday.
I believe in celebrating my kid's birthdays with everything I can think of to make it special. I didnt think I would ever have children...too many health issues.
And Donna was born very premature..so her presence on this planet is a joyous, fortunate thing indeed.
I go a bit overboard..I know..but anyways..
I just took the few stitches I was playing with and kept going...and here is a snake for my truck-snake-monster-dino loving..little girl.
She is so cool..she likes making things herself..and adores handmade gifts from Mom and Grandma more than she likes store bought stuff. ( Not that she is above a model motorcycle all shiny and spiffy in the box...or even the occasional ..Barbie.)

In the book..which does not cover snake patterns..it is said that she used some outrageous sized needle for the loops..really, a size 15 does fine. I mean you wouldnt be making a sweater from the stuff anyway, and the smaller needle..and even smaller would be great because the stuff is stretchy.
I am going to get more loops for a rug...or..a something..I like the idea of a table runner or placemats.
This snake took about 45-55 loops..one loop made about 4 stitches on the number 15 needles. It's cool because there was no seaming even though he was knitted flat..the fabric is so dense and the stockinette rolls..I just let it roll onto itself and it had plenty of demension...and "cush"

Comments:
What a cute snake! My 4 year old would be all over that. I love your tattoo! I have wanted one for a while, but can't come to a decision about what I want. (Oh, by the way, The Plumber? He's my hubby ;-) )
 
And I thought I called my husband some kinky nicknames. ;)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?